2.22.2012

keeping score: twelve points



Here is my first installment of "keeping score". Five days of sit down lunches, in this case all hovering around twelve Weight Watchers points each. I'm still nursing Oliver two or three times a day, so these are worth a little over a third of the points I am allowed each day. I am hoping to taper these down along the way by getting more creative, adding more vegetables and eliminating the drinks (although some of these beverages are part of why I stay feeling full). These are a good guide for me for now. Maybe they'll give you some good ideas, too!

chili
1 c. Amy's Spicy Organic Chili with chopped onions
8 oz. freshly juiced beets, carrots, rainbow chard, lemon and an Asian pear
7 + 5 =
12 points

meatballs over roasted broccoli


Giant bunch of broccoli heads, stems and leaves roasted in 1 tsp. olive oil
(fantastic Shutterbean recipe here, watch the oil)
1/2 c. marinara sauce
5 chicken and turkey meatballs
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 c. sweetened chocolate almond milk
1 + 2 + 6 + 1 + 2 =
12 points

sushi

7 oz. store-bought salmon and avocado roll with white rice
3 oz. store-bought cucumber roll with white rice
8 oz. Kombucha (one shot deal, I'm still nursing Oliver)
10 gummy bears
8 + 1.5 + 1 + 2 =
12.5 points

scrambled eggs with rice

1 whole egg and 1 egg white, scrambled with 1/2 c. cooked white rice
2 "king" sized corn tortillas
1/3 avocado
(all with lime juice, salt and hot sauce everywhere)
3/4 oz. chocolate truffle heart
herbal tea
4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 0 =
12 points


avocado toast
4 slices toasted Oroweat Light whole wheat bread w/
1/3 medium avocado and salt
12 oz. coconut juice
17 raw almonds
4 + 3 + 2 + 3 =
12 points


I'm working on getting myself back into shape. It's been a long, primarily unsuccessful road this time around. I haven't been dancing since December, and I am surprised how much that has affected me. I'm also staying up too late some nights, trying to get a few moments to myself, which isn't helping. I start performing again in April, and while it is more than fine to be the size I am, there is a slightly smaller size I am more comfortable with. I'm talking like five or ten pounds smaller, that's it.

Back in August I wrote a little about trying to get back down to a fighting weight, primarily because I have a giant collection of awesome dresses and shoes, and right now I can only wear the shoes. You can read about that here

I'm finding that there is one thing working for me recently: sitting down to lunch, and having a good-sized one. I am not interested in being hungry anymore in order to lose weight, so I am trying to find a different angle than the one I employed years ago, when I was eating tiny slices of toast for breakfast and a steamed head of cauliflower doused in Sriracha sauce and sprinkled with Furikake at lunch. I'm eating well now, and it's helping me get to dinner without losing it (my mind, that is). It's funny to me that working on creating this post has gotten me eating healthier. I'm going with it!



Note:
This series takes it's cues from the beautiful Simply Breakfast, bleubird vintage's "Bird Food" series, and "What Marlowe Eats", from ohdeardrea. Check them out, they are all wonderful!





8 comments:

  1. New follower! hope you come by and follow! that avocado toast looks yummy! I do WW too and do a lot of recipes with Points plus vales too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, HFL! I will definitely be checking out all the blogs who linked up today. Avocados are so wonderful, they turn a bad meal good!

      Delete
  2. Newest follower! Thanks for linking up with Wednesdays on the WW! Look forward to reading your posts every week!

    http://www.buildingourstory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you! I hope to do lunch post every week, but probably more like every few. :)

      Delete
  3. My mouth is watering and not just because it is noon here. I love these suggestions and not too complicated. I am taking notes! I need to do something too.

    Great photography too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. How many more months will I complain about not having a real camera and still not research one? Ah, if only I knew what you you look like...with all these sporty sweat pants and running after your kids, in my mind's eye you do not "need to do something too". :)

      Delete
  4. I've been a WWer for years, it's a good realistic and manageable program. I love 30 lbs when I was 35 and maintained for 5 years. I've gained it back since (but it's not WW's fault).

    This time around, I'm actually going through some major diet changes but if I don't see the weight drop, I'll go back to counting points as well (because I know it works).

    Lovely pics (I'm a fan of avocado toast too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania! I HATE to admit it, but it must be our age. Because when it was working for me, also five years ago, the pounds flew off and it was easier to stay committed. I keep waiting to hit that point where the feeling of success supersedes the urge to eat again. It does work, but it ain't easy!

      I eat avocado about five meals a week. I had to leave a few things out of this post so it didn't get too avocado-heavy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...