2.13.2012

valentine's day gift for dad (pt. II)





Well, now you know! David's favorite treat is soft pretzels, and the red/pink sesame seeds and salt I made the other day (see here) are for these doughy valentines!

We've been making these pretzels for years and years, from a recipe from Highlights magazine, of all places! I think I have made these pretzels with every kid who has ever crossed our threshold at some point or another. It is not the best soft pretzel recipe in the world, by far, and the whole wheat flour might've not been necessary, but it's so easy. So easy! I actually can't believe that I didn't look around for a more sophisticated recipe, it being Valentine's Day and all. I really should've, David deserves it!

Regardless, here is the recipe, should you want to try it with your little ones. And here are our little ones getting the job done.










So now the pretzels are sitting here in a big bucket waiting to "surprise" David in the morning (neither of these kids can keep a secret to save their lives). I'll grab a nice bottle of AlbariƱo and fixings for larb gai tomorrow, so David and I can throw the kids in front of a movie and make dinner together tomorrow night. Romantic!

Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo



6 comments:

  1. I love the concentration on Oliver's face. Great idea with the colored salt and sesame seeds! Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was concentrating on shoving all his Playmobil animals into the flour, mostly! Happy Valentine's Day to you, LT!

      Delete
  2. Oh those just look ever so tasty... Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are actually MUCH better with white flour, I just was in such a habit of using the whole wheat flour for the kids that I forgot. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

      Delete
  3. So nice and thoughtful & nice project with the kids - I will have to try this recipe my husband loves pretzels too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you are a great candidate to do this...the right aged kids AND a pretzel-loving hubby!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...