2.02.2012

tease-o-rama is go






It's official! No, the folks at Tease-O-Rama 2012 did not change their minds about accepting me to perform my flamenco or Frida Kahlo burlesque acts this year, but I did find a way to get myself in there, surrounded by the greatness, regardless.

I will be performing with the illustrious, inimitable Bombshell Betty and her Burlesqueteers at the Tease-O-Rama opening party! A wonderful piece of synchronized swimming choreography that we will start working on in March. I was pretty disappointed about not being accepted last week (remember this?), so I literally jumped off my stool and yelled "WOW" when I received an email about this opportunity last Sunday. I am really excited!

My mother is here for a visit. We've been having a lovely time. Yesterday she found those wonderful silver t-strap platform heels in the above photo for me. AND, she is helping me by delicately cannibalizing two lovely silver pasties (similar to the pair given to me by the even lovelier Ivana Cupcake) so we can cover them in rhinestones. Two pasties make two out of the four wardrobe pieces for this act. Betty will provide a sparkly bathing cap and some sequined grannie panties (that one's for you, Violet Streak), and then I'll just need to try to work on my busted tummy. The one I busted by carrying two ten pound babies for a total of 82 weeks. That's not exactly correct, they weren't ten pounds each the entire time they were gestating. You know what I mean.

I've been performing with blown-out stomach muscles as long as I've been performing. The choreography involved in this act demands some abdominal strength. What a challenge, and what if I end up physically stronger in the process? That's a win-win! I'll keep you posted on the progress of the pasties, and the progress of my paunch.



7 comments:

  1. piyo! has really helped me strengthen my core. as well as yoga. yep pregnancy leaves a gap in those muscles. weird!

    haha Granny panties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violet, what is Piyo...pilates yoga, right? Just figured that out. I need to get moving. I have ways of making this happen. Might entail me getting off this blog every once in a while. The horror.

      Delete
  2. love those shoes..your mama has good taste...that's wonderful news, I'm so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tania! They are by Seal of the Sutro shoes, should you be in the market for a pair. Thank you for your support, you are a doll.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I have the same stomach after a 9 and 10 lb-er even after 4 years - I really do feel like a lot of it is stretched out muscle. Need to get back to some yoga...

    That is cute your Mom helping with the costume ; )

    Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is one crafty lady! But instead of bedazzling my "costume", today we walked one million miles through the streets of S.F.'s Chinatown, North Beach, and the dreaded Fishermen's Wharf, and the last thing on my mind is teaching her how to apply rhinestones. I need a double leg transplant! :)

      Too many signs pointing to yoga here! Maybe I've got to give it a go!

      Delete
  4. WOW. Those are some serious shoes. I could sit in those shoes. Walking would probably land me in another Frankenfoot ankle up-to-the- knee-brace for a couple of months like the last time I tried to wear, and walk, in high heels. I had no idea there was a neo-burlesque movement. One more interesting thing to know about the Bay Area :) Congrats on getting in to participate. That's tenacity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...