2.13.2012

old art and a heart


Last week, as we were foraging for more hearts on the walk home from school, we came across this one on the sidewalk. It's red paint, basically drizzled onto the concrete in the shape of a heart. I recently wrote about our own sidewalk valentines here, so this was a fun find for us.


During the last month or so I've been dredging up a lot of my old artwork, which has been so great to share with a new and very supportive audience (you). This drizzled on heart immediately reminded me of a piece I did years and years ago, and has long since hit the dumpster. It's a piece of plywood painted a yellowish white, with a crowd drizzled on in black ink.



I loved this thing, so much so that I tried to submit it as part of a project in architecture school, even though it had nothing to do with anything, and my professor didn't buy it for a second. All I have left of it now is a few blurry photos. David loves it, though, and plans on making a t-shirt design with it. The cool thing about this one is it'd be pretty easy to do again, if I ever got a wild hair to do so.





4 comments:

  1. I love moments like that, finding a small unexpected thing which brings a smile...the heart is quite beautiful.

    I love that piece of artwork. I love it on fabric too or it would make a lovely card or framed piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tania. I'm starting to think, especially with the botanicals, that I should look into printing actual hanging pieces, instead of just pursuing the greeting/holiday card route (which I totally did with those Xmas cards and still haven't put in my Etsy shop, doh!). On the to-do list!

      Delete
  2. What Tania said. (:

    Loved the heart, and one day I hope to do something like that. Love the idea of leaving a little something for someone to find and smile.

    Also really enjoyed the painting! And I think the t-shirt idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LT. I'll make sure all my blog pals get one if we ever get around to making them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...