2.26.2012

tourist in my own town



In the beginning of February, I spend a few days as a tourist in my own town, with my mother and aunt, and of course, Oliver. By my best estimates, we walked about four slow, window-shoppy, touristy miles on Friday, three slow, nature-filled, sight-seeing miles on Saturday, and then David and I walked a bit on Sunday to a get-together in the Mission in the afternoon. Those aren't giant distances, but San Francisco has those hills, and the stop-start of tourism, and the bending over to keep (a very patient) toddler entertained, and then the walking at each actual destination. We had a great time. But, tired!



The Conservatory of Flowers current "Playland at the Conservatory" exhibit. I'd been looking forward to seeing it. Looking forward to it ending even more so, so I can grab me one of these for my collection. Oliver was in heaven, of course.


Big me, tiny Oliver.


The tower, again.



And, the Japanese Tea Garden, again, with these two lovely ladies who were rarin' to go, all weekend.

Oliver INSISTED there was no chocolate from his taiyaki on his face.


Like I said, loads of fun! But for this tired mama who'd been sleeping on the floor for over a week, trying to teach Oliver to possibly sleep for four hours at a time without me spooning him, that was alotta walking. I'd do it again, though, and probably will. Who's visiting next?




7 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! If you are the one in the red hat, you are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, alphawoman. I was thinking of editing more of those photos of myself out of there, but now I won't! :)

      Delete
  2. red scarf - lol. (i'm so observant!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of you and Oliver in the car .. too cute. And I've beeeenn there!!!! On the pier looking out on the seals that is. Lovely! Wonderful photos. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LT! We were having fun. Let me know next time you come through town! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like so much fun and I love all of these pictures. I've got to make it to SF again one of these days.

    I love playing tourist in my own town, when you grow up somewhere, it is very easy to stick to the same old local haunts but there is so much different things to do now (Maui's done a lot of growing in the past 20 years). I try to do at least a few new things every month. My friends have also started venturing out past the familiar when they've seen some of my posts.

    Have a great week Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania. Your blog makes it very clear you get around that island! You have a good week, too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...