6.19.2013

all things paper flowers



It's four o'clock in the morning and I just gotta share. I'm off to bed, but check this out. This is made of paper. I made a giant peony out of crepe paper. But there's more. I made it on a paper maché-d balloon that I prepared last week in anticipation of trying this out. It's a flipping giant paper peony piñata! 

That's intentional, you see. I started thinking a few weeks ago about how much I love paper flowers and everyone else does as well. And whose Instagram feed doesn't have a peony in it? And who isn't making piñatas these days? I knew I had to put it all together. Believe it or not, it's not taking that much time, and it's coming out so beautifully! Hopefully I'll have a full tutorial this week but looks like I'm going to run out of paper before I finish. Darn!

Meanwhile I've been working out a deal to do some paper roses for a certain store at their NYC, Santa Monica and San Francisco locations. With the help of a really nice friend, I've managed to not lowball my proposal like I always do. It's been scary, and it may mean the job doesn't happen, but I also feel like I'm standing up for all craftspeople asking to be paid for all those hours we know we're going to be working. I'll keep you posted.

Also in paper flower news, I'm teaching paper flower headpiece making at Makeshift Society in September. I'll let you know as soon as it's on the calendar. If you're local, I'd love to see you there!

If I don't make it back here this week, have a great weekend! 
xoxo







4 comments:

  1. Iv'e just found your blog. It's the most refreshing blog i've found in a very long time. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Razmataz, this is one of the most lovely and reassuring comments I've received in a long time. Loving it! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jordana! When are you going to share your wonderful braided basket? That project has been all over the place. Let me know if you make a post about it so I can tweet about it! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...