6.20.2012

donut-shaped donut peach mini clafoutis



These donut peaches from our CSA practically ASKED to be involved in our 101 Donut Pan Ideas project so I'm rolling out another idea today. We've been talking about these donut ideas so much, neither Stella and I can remember who thought of this one, but I'm pretty sure it was the peaches' idea. They are the PERFECT size for gently slicing and setting in a well-buttered donut pan, covered with the sweet clafoutis custard batter, and baked (just a few minutes shy of a full clafoutis, by the way).

I'm going to let the photos do the talking. Just remember to double-butter those pans, follow the Joy of Cooking Cherry Clafoutis recipe (but substitute donut peach rings for the cherries), and you'll do fine.






You do need to work at them just a little bit to get them out of the pans. The more golden
they are, the easier it is to get them out. And let them cool fully first!


 Packed up for a ferry ride.

Kid tested, mother approved.







6 comments:

  1. I've never had a clafoutie ... I bet your donut peach, donut shaped ones were glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were, thank you! You should try if you like sweet and a little custardy treats! A full pie-sized clafoutis is JUST as good as a donut-shaped one! :)

      Delete
  2. Those do look really good and fun in the donut shape - and so clever. This donut shape series would make a great ebook when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. Clafoutis is so special and sweet, they were really delicious. I have been talking to a publisher friend about what my options could be with the donut pans, so funny that you say that! An eBook is something I could do myself, right? That sounds fun...good idea!

      Delete
  3. I was gonna say this is my favorite until I saw the ice below...need to go check that out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...