11.13.2013

the plaid dress


Kindergarten through third grade. 

I don't know if any of you read a few months ago about Dale Irby, the teacher who wore the same outfit for school photos for FORTY YEARS, but when I heard about it it made me laugh. Because for the last four years we have been doing the same thing to our sweet Stella, with no objections from her. She has been rocking this plaid flannel dress to school picture day every year, and if it doesn't fit next year we're turning it into a headband or scarf, so that it always makes an appearance. 

Poor Stella. I think they make her keep her mouth closed for the photos because if you have kids at this age, you know what it looks like when all those teeth start moving. She's our beautiful girl, though. 






4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS IDEA! And Stella looks sweet in her plaid dress! If it doesn't fit next year you can turn it upside down and make a shirt from the skirt. Thanks for sharing this!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the upside down skirt/shirt idea, hadn't thought of that! Maybe a tank top dress next year because it's squeezy at the armpits now, and then we'll move on to higher level tailoring from there. ;)

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love it! It will be extra funny if Oliver lets you do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought you meant let him wear this dress, but I get it. YES, I'm totally doing it with Oliver, too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...