8.29.2012

faux


While I am no trendsetter, I have noticed two great design elements which have spread like wildfire over the past year or two. The use of neon colors (especially pink) and the art of dip-dying. I like both. I'm guilty of both. Both are great for furniture, jewelry, housewares, art, you name it. We happen to be proud owners of one of these amazing mixed media pieces by Lisa Congdon. Her use of neon pink is the most brilliant I've seen.

I joked a little about this find a few weeks ago and had to share it here. I found these in Japantown at Daiso. For when there's no time to do it yourself, I give you these. Neon pink knitted chair leg covers. Faux neon dip-dye. You can kill two birds with one stone. You're welcome! :)







12 comments:

  1. I just want you to know:
    I spent about 5 to 7 minutes waiting for this page to load (shotty internet--- not because of your site).... and it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Daiso so very much for exactly this reason. Where else would you find such wonders for only $1.50?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, TL! But, I have visited it just enough times that I can go in, put a bunch of things in my basket and still leave empty handed. I've worked it out of my system!

      Delete
    2. I fear that as long as they continue to sell all of those luscious origami papers, I will never be able to leave empty handed. I admire your fortitude. It gives me hope. :)

      Delete
  3. i actually saw these on pinterest the other day and thought about making some... when i vacuum i am always bashing into chair legs, table legs, etc etc! am i nuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Not nuts, you should make some, I'd love to see them! :)

      Delete
  4. please post about chindogu. i want to see it through the lens of tiffanie. xo. your fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the creepiest comment ever. GREAT WRITING, Cookie!

      Delete
  5. uh, creepy post. i thought my google acct would should show my identify. sorry. it's me, cookie. and i love this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...