10.13.2011

frida kahlo costume preview



Note: You can see this costume in action here.


On the eve of our upcoming show, here are some of the costuming pieces I've made for my Frida Kahlo act. I have quite a crowd of lovely ladies coming to cheer me on tomorrow night, but for those of you who can't be there, here's what I've been up to!


One of Frida's original body cast corsets. I've integrated the animals from one of her self portraits into the corset. That monkey is trying to tell me something.



The eyebrow (now in sequins!) and a leg brace for my right leg. 

The hair.

The poster is part of the act, as a reference point. The one I'm bringing is a lot sparklier, and includes removable parts.

For more mature audiences, my latest bejeweled creation. This is the most beautiful tulle bra I've made yet. I've had quite a few fellow dancers as well as random audience members ask me how to make one. I have almost got it down to where I can provide a coherent tutorial. Stay tuned! There's my crazy yellow Marilyn Monroe/Andy Warhol pop art act wig, on the left.

There are also shawls and skirts, and an amazingly artful surprise piece at the end of the act that I just can't share yet. I could not be more excited about tomorrow night. I wish you could be there!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...