3.28.2014

petals + patience


top (l) to (r): vintage aster and chrysanthemum illustrations/next week's tutorial/dead garden roses to study
bottom (l) to (r): vintage wallpaper/drying a fat gerber daisy to study/a page from a wonderful vintage seed catalogue

Today is the last day before both kids are on spring break. They are prepared for the most boring-est spring break ever. This will be the staycation to end all staycations. I have mentally prepared them that I will have my nose to the grindstone for the next nine days trying to make the best of the time. I'm sure it's going to go great. (Not.)

Every room in our place is like a garden right now. There are half-finished blossoms everywhere, and images of flowers all over the place. Paper shreds everywhere. It's kookoo! 

But everyone is on board. David and the kids are tolerating SO MUCH inconvenience, and in return I have promised an awesome May and and awesome summer. I hope I can deliver on that.

Have a great weekend, and if you are one of the many, many people who have asked me to share my giant "closed" peony tutorial, guess what? I'm doing it as Carte Fini's featured artist for April, and if all goes well it will be up on Monday, so please check back!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...