1.15.2013

calling cards



My new calling cards. Surprisingly hard to take a good photo of, surprisingly easy to put together. For the photo I used an idea I had tried on my blog button a while back, based on some great advice from a brilliant former client of mine who advised me to try using analog type in digital space.

Graphic design, font selection and all that jazz are still super difficult for me to get a handle on, but I think I've been paying attention enough lately that I wasn't totally addled this time. They are definitely good enough for now. Letterpress someday, when I decide on who and what I really am!



I made these at MOO.com. They have great online software for making cards, and have really good customer service for when you screw up the first time like I did. I have a 10% discount code to share, in case you'd like to use it. I get something out of the deal, too. I think some credit toward a future order.

Here's the code/link: http://www.moo.com/share/5xt5pw

They'll do the trick, I think!





10 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! I need to make cards too but waited thinking I was going to do a logo with my site design. Then I went all minimalistic and have no logo.

    But I would like a really cute pic on the back. I love how yours gives us insight into things you love, your kids, photos, coffee and baking. I am also a sharpie fan btw.

    I want to learn how to do graphics as well, subscribed to the monthly adobe where you get access to photoshop, illustrator and lightroom, just to name a few but I have a long way to go. I want to make mini art frameables, cards, graphics in lieu of photos for some posts and offer free printables to readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of this monthly Adobe, Tania! That sounds so great! I edit online on pixlr.com and not well. :) The next time I make a move it'll be either a Photoshop suite or a WAY better camera lens.

      I think your blog is looking so great the way you have it now, but I DO miss that photo of your hand/arm/handbag. I liked that photo a lot. I wonder if a new version of that would look cool, showing just a part of your physical self and style on a photo. Hm. I dunno. It's actually so inexpensive that you probably could give it a try and then try it again later if you don't like your first try. Your camera skills keep getting better and better, you've got great material to work with. xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Love them! So cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely IN LOVE with this. Have a blast handing them out at Alt Summit!

    I just discovered your blog and read your 'about' blurb in the sidebar — it's funny because I moved from the Bay Area a year ago and am trying to accept that I may no longer be a West Coaster :( I hope you're enjoying San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Caroline! I've been here since 1995 and I STILL would probably move back east in a heartbeat if (and when!) the right opportunity presented itself to us. You can take the girl out of New Hampshire, but you can't take the New Hampshire out of the girl! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  4. oh my what large hands you have, tiffanie! haha!

    all joking aside, love the look! great lines and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog! Looking forward to your roundtable at ALT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to meeting you, Tamera! Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...